- 1 Where should I stop between Brisbane and Townsville?
- 2 What is halfway between Brisbane and Townsville?
- 3 What is there to see between Brisbane and Townsville?
- 4 What is Townsville known for?
- 5 How do I get from Brisbane to Townsville?
- 6 Where should I stop between Brisbane and Rockhampton?
- 7 Where should I stop between Gladstone and Brisbane?
- 8 What is there to do between Townsville and Cairns?
- 9 What is there to do between Bowen and Townsville?
- 10 Is it worth driving from Brisbane to Cairns?
- 11 Where should I stay between Cairns and Townsville?
- 12 Can I fly from Sunshine Coast to Townsville?
- 13 Is it safe to swim in Townsville?
- 14 Is Townsville worth visiting?
Where should I stop between Brisbane and Townsville?
The Most Amazing Stops on a Brisbane to Townsville Road Trip
- Stop 1: Brisbane.
- Stop 2: Noosa.
- Stop 3: Rainbow Beach & Tin Can Bay.
- Stop 4: Hervey Bay.
- Stop 5: Fraser Island.
- Stop 6: Bundaberg.
- Stop 7: Agnes Waters & Seventeen Seventy.
- Stop 8: Rockhampton.
What is halfway between Brisbane and Townsville?
The city at the geographic halfway point from Brisbane, Australia to Townsville, Australia is Rockhampton, Australia.
What is there to see between Brisbane and Townsville?
Highlights include Bowen’s Horseshoe Bay, a walk through massive granite boulders to a lookout, Airlie Beach the gateway to the Whitsundays, Cape Hillsborough National Park where kangaroos hang out on the beach, Capricorn Caves, Agnes Water, Lady Musgrave Island, whale watching in Hervey Bay, World Heritage listed
What is Townsville known for?
With more than 320 days of sunshine each year, World Heritage-listed national parks and lush tropical gardens, Townsville is home to some spectacular natural landscapes and attractions. Townsville is a major gateway to the Great Barrier Reef, the Wet Tropics and the Queensland outback.
How do I get from Brisbane to Townsville?
Direct routes for travel from Brisbane to Townsville Services operate 53 buses daily and 377 buses per week. The journey takes approximately 26 hours and costs from 146 USD. There are 30 direct trains per day and 213 trains per week that depart from Yeerongpilly station, platform 2 and arrive at Townsville.
Where should I stop between Brisbane and Rockhampton?
On our Brisbane to Rockhampton road trip with kids we stopped at the following places:
- Woodgate Beach.
- Agnes Waters.
- Tannum Sands.
- Great Keppel Island.
Where should I stop between Gladstone and Brisbane?
To reach the midway point from Gladstone to Brisbane, you would drive for about 3 hours, 17 minutes or roughly 270 km from Brisbane to the halfway stop. The best place to meet based on recommendations from Trippy members is Fraser Island. The location closest to the exact midpoint would be Maryborough.
What is there to do between Townsville and Cairns?
Cairns to Townsville Road Trip: Day 1
- Cairns Lagoon.
- Emerald green pools of Behana Gorge.
- Babinda Boulders.
- Josephine Falls.
- The Grand Staircase, Paronella Park.
- Mission Beach.
- Vibrant Cardwell Spa Pools.
- Wallaman Falls from the base.
What is there to do between Bowen and Townsville?
Spot a platypus at Eungella National Park near Mackay. Discover the murals in the historic centre of Bowen (and don’t miss the Big Mango on the way in). Hike the five kilometres of the Cape Edgecumbe walking track to see Bowen’s beaches. Stroll along The Strand in Townsville to explore the city’s waterfront.
Is it worth driving from Brisbane to Cairns?
A Brisbane to Cairns Road trip is one of the best you can do in Australia. The trip takes you up, or down, the state of Queensland, as you drive by some incredibly scenic spots. It is a long drive, but it is most definitely one worth doing!
Where should I stay between Cairns and Townsville?
Moving right along, here are the best places to stop on the Bruce Highway route from Cairns to Townsville.
- Cairns, Queensland.
- Babinda, Queensland.
- Innisfail, Queensland.
- Paronella Park, Queensland.
- Cardwell, Queensland.
- Ingham, Queensland.
- Wallaman Falls, Queensland.
- Crystal Creek Falls, Queensland.
Can I fly from Sunshine Coast to Townsville?
Sunshine Coast to Townsville flights from $292 * | Virgin Australia.
Is it safe to swim in Townsville?
A well-developed beach backed by the city of Townsville. Waves are usually low to non-existent and swimming is relatively safe in the pool or stinger enclosure.
Is Townsville worth visiting?
Townsville is located in tropical north Queensland. It’s often overlooked by international visitors, in favour of its northern counterpart, Cairns. But Townsville is worth a visit as well, thanks to its family-friendly attractions, excellent day trips, and close proximity to the Great Barrier Reef.