- 1 What is Brisbane famous for?
- 2 Where can I hang out in Brisbane?
- 3 What is there to do in Brisbane today?
- 4 What do locals do in Brisbane?
- 5 What do you call a person from Brisbane?
- 6 What is the coldest month in Brisbane?
- 7 What can you do in Brisbane for free?
- 8 What is there to do in Brisbane at night?
- 9 What is there to do on a Sunday in Brisbane?
- 10 Where can I go this weekend in Brisbane?
- 11 Does Brisbane have any beaches?
- 12 What is there to do in Brisbane solo?
What is Brisbane famous for?
Centrally located, Brisbane is the best-positioned city to explore Australia’s big attractions, including the Great Barrier Reef, the Daintree Rainforest, coastal beaches and Queensland’s famous theme parks.
Where can I hang out in Brisbane?
Where to go in Brisbane
- South Bank. South Bank is the star precinct in Brisbane.
- Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary. The Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary has been open since the 1920s and is the oldest and largest koala sanctuary.
- Cultural Precinct.
- Mount Coot-tha.
- Brisbane River.
- Fortitude Valley.
- Australia Zoo.
- Moreton Island.
What is there to do in Brisbane today?
Top Attractions in Brisbane
- Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary. 7,998. Nature & Wildlife Areas.
- South Bank Parklands. 11,539. Parks.
- Mount Coot-Tha Summit Lookout. 4,705. Lookouts.
- Brisbane Botanic Gardens Mt. Coot-tha. 2,359.
- City Cat. 7,173. Ferries.
- XXXX Brewery Tour. 627. Breweries.
- City Hopper. 1,913. Ferries.
- Roma Street Parkland. 2,933.
What do locals do in Brisbane?
Tick off all 93 things to do on Brisbane’s bucket list
- Go on a clock tower tour up Brisbane City Hall.
- Watch the sunrise over The City from Mt Coot-tha.
- Visit a local craft brewery.
- Night kayaking the wrecks on Moreton Island.
- Catch a gig in an old WWII hangar at The Triffid.
- Experience world-class art at QAGOMA.
What do you call a person from Brisbane?
Diddams. While modern nicknames include “Brissie” and the “River City”. The demonym of Brisbane is “Brisbanite”. The city is named for the Brisbane River on which it stands, which is in turn named for Sir Thomas Brisbane, the governor of New South Wales at the time of the city’s founding.
What is the coldest month in Brisbane?
June and July are the coldest months, with average maximums of about 22 °C (72 °F); maximum temperatures below 20 °C (68 °F) are rare.
What can you do in Brisbane for free?
30 free things to do in Brisbane
- Go for a dip at Streets Beach.
- Wander through the air-conditioned halls of QAGOMA.
- Catch the CityHopper along the river.
- Explore the local farmers’ markets.
- Catch local artists free with City Sounds.
- Lie on the grass at New Farm Park.
- Wander back to The City via the Riverwalk.
What is there to do in Brisbane at night?
26 things to do after dark around Brisbane
- Twilight Kayak Adventure.
- Look to the stars.
- Picnic by the river.
- Drown yourself in food at Eat Street Northshore.
- Get spooked with ghost tours.
- It’s a kayak life for me.
- Paint and Sip.
- Climb into the night.
What is there to do on a Sunday in Brisbane?
The Ten Best Ways to Spend a Sunday in Brisbane
- Leftover Sundays at Depo.
- Eat Street Markets.
- Limes Rooftop Bar.
- Kettle and Tin.
- Livespark at the Powerhouse.
- Chester Street Bakery and Bar.
- Sunday Sessions on the Green at River Quay.
- Sixes and Sevens.
Where can I go this weekend in Brisbane?
15 weekend activities in Brisbane that won’t break the bank
- Stuff yourself silly at Eat Street.
- Seek out wildlife at Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary.
- Gather your friends for a barbecue at Kangaroo Point.
- Get spooked on a ghost tour of Brisbane.
- Show your colours on game day.
- Reap the benefits of your student card at the movies.
Does Brisbane have any beaches?
The Brisbane area is home to a number of tucked away beaches, bayside and on nearby islands. Whether you’re after a surf beach, dog beach or quiet spot to lie on a towel in the sun – read on to discover Brisbane’s closest beaches.
What is there to do in Brisbane solo?
36 Things to do Alone in Brisbane
- Shop at Queen Street Mall in CBD.
- Wander around James Street Precinct in Fortitude Valley.
- Watch a show at Brisbane Powerhouse in New Farm.
- Hang out in the artsy bohemian neighbourhood in the West End.
- Search for vintage treasures and antiques at Paddington.
- Rent a bicycle from CityCyle.