- 1 Where do you get a go card from?
- 2 Does 7 Eleven sell go cards?
- 3 Can I use my go card in Brisbane?
- 4 Can I travel without a go card?
- 5 Can I use my Opal card in Queensland?
- 6 How do I apply for a concession go card online?
- 7 Can you buy go cards from train stations?
- 8 How do I return my go card?
- 9 How can I transfer balance from expired Touch n Go card?
- 10 Where can I purchase a metro card?
- 11 How do you catch a bus in Brisbane?
- 12 Is it cheaper to use Opal card?
- 13 Is Go card free?
- 14 Can I use my phone as an Opal card?
Where do you get a go card from?
You can buy a go card at over 680 locations across South East Queensland including:
- selected retailers where you see the ‘buy’ symbol.
- attended Queensland Rail station ticket offices.
- fare machines at G:link tram stations, busway stations and selected bus interchanges (adult cards only).
Does 7 Eleven sell go cards?
Most 7-Eleven stores will stop providing go card services as of Saturday 31 October. In a note, Translink informed that is a commercial decision taken by 7-Eleven and that it is working with other store owners to expand the go card retailer network.
Can I use my go card in Brisbane?
go card allows you to travel on all TransLink bus, train, ferry and tram services across greater Brisbane, Ipswich, Sunshine Coast and Gold Coast regions. You can also use it to hire a CityCycle. At present, go card does not operate in Cairns, Mackay, Toowoomba or Townsville.
Can I travel without a go card?
If you don’t have an Opal card or contactless payment card or device, you will need to buy an Opal single trip ticket to travel.
Can I use my Opal card in Queensland?
The travel card is called Opal in New South Wales, myki in Victoria, metrocard in Adelaide, SmartRider in Perth, go card in Queensland, Greencard in Tasmania and MyWay in Canberra.
How do I apply for a concession go card online?
How do I apply for concession fares in SEQ? You can apply for concession fares online or over the phone by calling 13 12 30 anytime. If you have registered your go card, simply login to your online account and click the ‘My Details’ tab and enter your concession details to apply.
Can you buy go cards from train stations?
Go card is TransLink’s South East Queensland electronic ticket. You can buy a Go Card online (see below) or you can buy one at railway stations, 7-Eleven stores or at major transport interchanges. When you purchase your go card you’ll pay a refundable deposit of $10 (adult) or $5 (child, concession, senior).
How do I return my go card?
go card refunds You can get a refund on any unused go card travel credit and deposit. Refunds can be issued one of two ways: complete the balance transfer and refund form (PDF, 180KB) and post it to us. at selected go card retailers.
How can I transfer balance from expired Touch n Go card?
Follow the Steps to get your money from your DORMANT or INACTIVE Touch ‘n Go card to your Touch ‘n Go eWallet.
- Step 1: Go to https://www.touchngo.com.my/erefund.
- Step 2: Key in your Card Serial Number (MFG No) and your IC No.
- Step 3: Select E-Wallet as Refund Payment Method.
- Step 4: Done and you will receive an email.
Where can I purchase a metro card?
Where to buy a MetroCard
- At a MetroCard machine in a subway station. These machines are in most subway stations.
- At a station booth. Note: Most station booths are not making transactions because of the coronavirus pandemic.
- Through your employer.
- At mobile sales buses and vans.
- At a local retailer.
How do you catch a bus in Brisbane?
Travel tips Reminder: services in South East Queensland are currently cashless. Arrive at your stop five minutes before the scheduled departure time. Use the MyTransLink app to check arrival times of your service. To hail a bus, raise your hand to show that you’d like the bus driver to stop.
Is it cheaper to use Opal card?
Opal is cheaper. using the Opal card gives you a discount on the full fare. using a credit card means you are charged the full fare.
Is Go card free?
Apply for a Seniors card + go Seniors Card + go is FREE so you won’t pay the usual $5 refundable deposit. To apply: visit the Seniors Card website. call 13 74 68.
Can I use my phone as an Opal card?
Android users If your mobile device has Near Field Communication, you can scan your Opal card with your phone to see your current Opal balance and recent journey information.